Monday, July 03, 2017

Depression Diary

At the beginning of the year I said I would use Mondays for personal things. As it stands, the most personal thing I have at the moment is my ongoing fight against Depression. From here on in, when I have the mental energy, I will post a depression diary on Mondays.

-----------------------------

3rd July 2017

Feel like crap. Trapped. Although being out in the fresh air when cycling to work can be invigorating, it stops as soon as I'm indoors. No doubt some wag will suggest I should stay outside all the time. That theory would hold if it was refreshing all the time. It's only like that when I hit it for the first time in the morning.

Today has gone one step beyond loneliness into emptiness. I can laugh my way through work, but all I want to do is hide and hope it all goes away.

Here's a hint if you know someone with depression. Don't try and fix them: share the darkness with them. In silence if need be. It'll do them far more good than any number of words.







1 comment:

Mary Patrick said...

Well done, I feel your pain and am there with you. Hang in there is will lift! :)